blue_crab

Farmers Seafood Co., Inc. was established in 1918 as Farmers Quick Lunch, which was located on the Red River. It catered mostly to Farmers who were bringing their products to market. Initially Farmers Quick Lunch served hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, and fried fish.

As time progressed, the fried fish became a very popular item and many of the customers were asking for fresh raw fish. This was the beginning of Farmers Seafood Company, Inc. After several years, the name of Farmers Quick Lunch was changed to Farmers Fish Market. Farmers Fish Market began to expand its seafood products and eventually sold the Quick Lunch business and changed the name in 1932 to Farmers Fish and Oyster Company.

In 1965 Farmers Fish and Oyster Company became Farmers Seafood Company, Inc. and a new modern seafood plant was constructed. At that time, Farmers Seafood Company organized Farmers Seafood Kitchens, which was built in the new facility meeting all FDA requirements and producing Seafood Gumbo, Crawfish Etoufee, Shrimp Creole, and other specialty items.

Farmers Seafood Kitchens sells its products to many major food stores as well as restaurants, country clubs, other distributors hospitals and schools. Some of the food stores include Brookshire’s, Wal-Mart, Albertson’s, Sam’s Club, and many other independents.